Welcome to the Big Horn County School District #2 Curriculum & Assessment Home Page.
The Office of Curriculum and Assessment shares and is guided directly by the District Vision, Mission, and Expectations:
District Vision: Our vision is to foster a learning environment that will inspire all students to utilize their given abilities to their highest potential.
District Mission: Our students will have the knowledge and skills to become ethical, responsible, productive citizens and lifelong learners who have the foundation to compete in a global economy.
Curriculum/Assessment Related Expectations:
- All schools in Big Horn County School District #2 will meet or wxceed expectation with the Wyoming Accountability in Education Act (WAEA) and with the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
- All schools in Big Horn County School District #2 will provide a safe and orderly environment.
- All schools in Big Horn County School District #2 will provide a rigorous and viable curriculum.
- Big Horn County School District #2 will provide additional learning opportunities beyond the core curriculum. Examples include, but are not limited to: enrichment, gifted & talented programs, remediation, after-school programs, extra-curricular programcs, alternative programs, advanced placement options and concurrent enrollment opportunities.
- Each student will improve his/her achievement for grade level expectations in Reading, Math, Science, and Writing as measured by state and district assessment data.
These statements promote our goal to develop quality curricula and assessments to ensure the best possible learning environment for the students of Big Horn #2. The information is provided on our website to inform all stakeholders of the processes we use in the development and implementation of curriculum & assessment.
If you have any questions regarding this information please call or email me.