Current enrollment is 710 students between 3 schools, Lovell Elementary (k-5), Lovell Middle School (6-8) and Lovell High School (9-12). The district has 129 employees.
The District Employment Packets, District Salary Schedules, Handbooks, and other District Information is posted on the website at http://www.bgh2.org. Benefits available to staff include health insurance, Wyoming retirement and most importantly a positive working environment.
Lovell has a population of about 2,200 and is located in the Northwest part of Wyoming in the Big Horn Basin nestled between the Big Horn Mountains, the Pryor Mountains, Cody and the East entrance to Yellowstone National Park. Outdoor activities abound.
•· Lovell has one of the lowest costs of living indexes in the state.
•· Lovell is a well-established community and is family oriented
•· Lovell has low real estate prices.
•· Wyoming does not have state income tax.
•· Cody is 45 miles west; Billings, Montana is 90 miles north; the Big Horn Mountains are 20 miles east, and Yellowstone National Park is 100 miles west of Lovell.
•· Big Horn Lake is just 15 minutes from Lovell which was created by the construction of Yellowtail Dam near Fort Smith, Montana in 1965. It stretches the entire 72 mile length of the Big Horn Canyon at full pool.
Big Horn County School District #2 Strategic Plan
We ensure a learning environment where all students can maximize their given potential to realize their life goals and become responsible and productive citizens.
We inspire growth, leadership and life-long learning while preparing students with the skills to adapt to the ever-changing world.
In Big Horn County School District #2, our actions and decisions, including the allocation of resources, align with the following core values:
- Safe, Secure and Orderly Environment
- Effective Teaching in Every Classroom, for Every Student
- Reading Proficiency
- Character, Resiliency, and Citizenship
- Accountability for All
- Positive, Enjoyable and Stimulating Learning Environments
- Meaningful Relationships and Collaboration
- Guaranteed, Rigorous, and Viable Curriculum
The following long-term goals are designed to provide the Board with a metric to determine the district’s progress as we strive to meet the provisions of this strategic plan.
- All students (100%) will graduate.
- Every child will be proficient in reading by the end of the 3rd
- Our schools will meet or exceed expectations set out by the Wyoming Accountability in Education Act (WAEA) and the federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Big Horn County School District #2 will establish and maintain a well aligned, guaranteed, rigorous, and viable K-12 curriculum based on the Wyoming Content and Performance Standards.
- Each graduating class at Lovell High School will produce a cumulative average ACT score of 22 or better. This average will be based on the best score produced by each student while attending Lovell High School.