Safe & Secure Schools
Big Horn County School District #2 is strongly committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment.
Our efforts to provide a safe & secure school environment include:
- A school resource officer in each school
- Secure vestibules/foyers in each school
- Enhanced security camera system inside & outside of all buildings
- Drills as mandated by the state
- Safe2Tell: Anonymous reporting system for at-risk behaviors
- Visitor Management System in each school
Safety Procedures for the Current School Year: The past several school years have presented a set of challenges for education due to the need to adapt to the COVID-19 world. BGH2's Smart Start Plan is a tiered approach that will best ensure a quality education for the students in our district.
General measures include:
- Health Screenings: Parents/guardians are asked to check daily for symptoms of illness before sending their children to school. Student with any illness must stay home.
- Social Distancing: The district encourages social distancing whenever feasible.
- Face Coverings: All staff and students are recommended to use face coverings when inside the school building.
- Sanitation & Hygiene Measures: This includes sanitation of buildings and hygiene measures for all individuals.
The Smart Start plan is included at the bottom of this page which provides a thorough definition of the various safety measures used in any school setting.