Safe & Secure Schools
Big Horn County School District #2 is strongly committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment.
Our efforts to provide a safe & secure school environment include:
- A school resource officer in each school
- Secure vestibules/foyers in each school
- Enhanced security camera system inside & outside of all buildings
- Drills as mandated by state
- Safe2Tell: Anonymous report system for at-risk behaviors
- Visitor Management System in each school
Safety Procedures for the 2020-21 School Year: The 2020-21 school year presents a set of challenges for education due to the need to adapt to the COVID-19 world. Big Horn #2 has developed a Smart Start plan that is designed to best ensure a quality education system in the safest manner possible during this school year. The Smart Start plan is included at the bottom of this page which provides a thorough definition of the various safety measures used in any school setting. General measures include:
- Health Screenings at home, on the bus and at school. Most entrances at the schools are equipped with thermal-imaging stations to quickly check temperatures of anyone entering the buildings.
- Social Distancing: The schools have taken strong precautions to best ensure social distancing in spaces used by students and staff.
- Face Coverings: All are required to use face coverings when social distancing is not possible.
- Sanitation & Hygiene Measures: This includes sanitation of buildings and hygiene measures for all individuals.