Our Transportation Department is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of students and district employees. Our skilled bus drivers are trained and certified according to the state of Wyoming regulations. We ask that you help your child learn the safety rules so that we can maintain our outstanding safety record.
Student Responsibilities While Riding the Bus:
- Students will enter and leave the bus at designated loading stations and at highway bus stops in an orderly fashion and in accordance with driver instructions.
- Students will remain quiet enough not to distract the bus driver; inappropriate language is prohibited.
- Students will remain seated while the bus is in motion. Seating plans may be coordinated to eliminate standing passengers or exceeding the manufacture’s rating capacity.
- Each student must go directly to his/her seat upon entering the bus.
- Each student must remain seated until the bus has stopped completely.
- At loading stations, student(s) will not move toward the bus until the bus has stopped and the driver has opened the door.
- If it is necessary for a student to cross the roadway at a loading or unloading station, the student will cross in front of the stopped bus and will look both ways for oncoming traffic before crossing.
- Students will neither carelessly nor purposely destroy property.
- Students will behave in an orderly fashion on the bus.
- Students will keep their feet and sharp objects off the seats.
- Students will not extend arms or other parts of the body out through the windows.
- Students will keep the aisles clear.
- Students will follow the bus driver’s instructions promptly and respectfully.
- Students will be on time at the bus stop.
- Students will be quiet when the bus stops at all railroad crossings.
- Riding a school bus is a privilege not a right. Students who persistently misbehave or who do not obey the bus driver may be refused permission to ride the bus.
- The bus driver may assign students to specific seats.
- Students may not bring anything on the bus the driver deems unsafe.
- No food on route buses. Students will be told to put it away or throw it away, if they bring food on their route bus. Please have you child eat his/her breakfast before loading the bus and put snacks in their bags to be eaten after they leave the bus.
Regulations of the State Board of Education provide that:
- Passengers of a school bus shall be limited to regular and approved students and activity sponsors.
- No person may enter a bus that is in possession of or under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Smoking, Vaping or any use of tobacco or Vape products is prohibited on buses.
- Animals are prohibited from buses except for service dogs.
- School buses will stop to load and unload passengers only at authorized bus stops.