In Big Horn County School District #2, our actions and decisions, including the allocation of resources, align with the following core values:
- Safe, Secure and Orderly Environment
- Effective Teaching in Every Classroom, for Every Student
- Reading Proficiency
- Character, Resiliency, and Citizenship
- Accountability for All
- Positive, Enjoyable and Stimulating Learning Environments
- Meaningful Relationships and Collaboration
- Guaranteed, Rigorous, and Viable Curriculum
The following long-term goals are designed to provide the Board with a metric to determine the district’s progress as we strive to meet the provisions of this strategic plan.
- All students (100%) will graduate.
- Every child will be proficient in reading by the end of the 3rd
- Our schools will meet or exceed expectations set out by the Wyoming Accountability in Education Act (WAEA) and the federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Big Horn County School District #2 will establish and maintain a well aligned, guaranteed, rigorous, and viable K-12 curriculum based on the Wyoming Content and Performance Standards.
- Each graduating class at Lovell High School will produce a cumulative average ACT score of 22 or better. This average will be based on the best score produced by each student while attending Lovell High School.